1757 - Austrian invasion of Silesia – Prussian OOB September 12

From Project Seven Years War
Jump to: navigation, search

Hierarchical Path: Seven Years War (Main Page) >> Campaigns >> 1757 - Austrian invasion of Silesia >> Detailed order of battle of the Prussian Army in Silesia on September 12 1757

Description

Detailed order of battle of the Prussian army in the camp of Bunzlau (present-day Bolesławiec) in Silesia on September 12 1757 after the junction of the corps of Lieutenant-General de la Motte Fouqué with the main Silesian army of Lieutenant-General August Wilhelm, Duke of Braunschweig-Bevern.

Bevern's Army

Commander-in-chief: Lieutenant-General August Wilhelm, Duke of Braunschweig-Bevern

Summary: 46½ bns, 108 sqns

Units are listed from right to left.

First Line Flank Guard Second Line
Right Wing Cavalry under Lieutenant-General Baron von Kyau
Major-General von Krockow

Major-General von Stechow

  Major-General von Meier
Right Wing Infantry
Lieutenant-General de la Motte Fouqué Major-General von Rohr Lieutenant-General von Schultze
Left Wing Infantry
Lieutenant-General von Lestwitz   Lieutenant-General von Brandes
Left Wing Cavalry under Lieutenant-General von Penavaire
Major-General von Normann

Major-General von Driesen

  Major-General Prince von Württemberg

(*) Reestablished at two battalions on October 26 with the arrival of new recruits
(**) Recently reduced to a single battalion

Artillery

Lieutenant-General Zieten's Corps (seconded by Major-General von Bornstedt)

Right Wing Cavalry

Infantry Centre

Left Wing Cavalry

Light Infantry

Garrisons of the Silesian fortresses

In the Autumn of 1757, the Silesian fortresses were garrisoned as follows (note some of these units were still part of Bevern's main army on September 12 and were detached later):

In Breslau

In Neisse

In Schweidnitz

In Glogau

In Brieg

In Glatz

In Cosel

References

Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II: Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 4 Groß-Jägersdorf und Breslau, Berlin, 1902, Appendix14