1757 - Franco-Imperial invasion of Saxony – Frederick OOB August
Detailed order of battle of Frederick's Prussian army on August 29 1757 when he left Dresden.
Commander-in-Chief: King Frederick II of Prussia
Summary: 31 bns, 45 sqns
I. Troops who accompanied Frederick when he marched from Bernstadt auf dem Eigen.
- Infantry (12 bns)
- Cavalry (18 sqns)
II. Reinforcements who joined Frederick on his way to Dresden (they had previously been escorting a convoy between Bautzen and Bernstadt).
- Infantry (4 bns)
- Cavalry (5 sqns)
- Meinicke Dragoons (5 sqns)
III. Prince Moritz's troops who joined Frederick's Army near Dresden on August 29.
- Infantry (15 bns)
- Grenadier Battalion Wedell (1 bn)
- Grenadier Battalion Finck (1 bn) initially left behind in Dresden but later rejoined the army
- Grenadier Battalion Ramin (1 bn)
- Grenadier Battalion Jung-Billerbeck (1 bn)
- Forcade Infantry (2 bns)
- Alt-Braunschweig Infantry (2 bns)
- Goltz (2 bns) (formerly Schwerin)
- Kleist (2 bns)
- Erbprinz von Hessen-Darmstadt Infantry (2 bns) left behind in Dresden
- Freibataillon Mayr (1 bn)
- Cavalry (22 sqns)
Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II: Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 4 Groß-Jägersdorf und Breslau, Berlin, 1902, p. 127