Origin and History
Built by Morineau in 1738 in Rochefort.
Commanded by M. Gomain in 1755.
The ship was striken off of the fleet in 1758.
Service during the War
In 1755, the ship took part to the expedition to reinforce Canada. For this campaign, she was armed as a "flute", her armament being reduced to 12 guns. She served as hospital ship.
In the Spring of 1758, the ship was part of Beaussier's squadron which was left at Louisbourg for the defence of the place by du Chaffault when he sailed for Québec.
|Length||132,6 feet (40.42 m)|
|Width||37 feet (11.28 m)|
|Depth||17,4 feet (5.30 m)|
Deschênes, Ronald, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar
N.B.: the section Service during the War is derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.