Origin and History
The ship was built by Morineau in 1738 in Rochefort and launched in 1740.
Commanded by M. Gomain in 1755.
The ship was striken off of the fleet in 1758 and sunk as blockship.
Service during the War
In 1755, the ship took part in the expedition to reinforce Canada. For this campaign, she was armed as a "flute", her armament being reduced to 12 guns. She served as hospital ship.
In the Spring of 1758, the ship was part of Beaussier's squadron which was left at Louisbourg for the defence of the place by du Chaffault when he sailed for Québec.
|Length||132 ft 6 in French feet (42.88 m)|
|Width||36 ft 4 in (11.71 m)|
|Depth||17 ft 11 in feet (5.53 m)|
Deschênes, Ronald, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco: Three Decks - Warships in the Age of Sail
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar
N.B.: the section Service during the War is derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.