Origin and History
The ship was built by Pierre Morineau in Bayonne, starting in 1744, and launched in 1745.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- in the French Navy
- no information found yet
- in the British Navy
- from February 1757: Captain John Rous
- from 1758 to 1759: Captain Henry Martin
The ship was sold by the British Navy on September 6 1759.
Service during the War
On July 12 1756, the ship was captured by the British Navy while carrying stores to Louisbourg.
|Length||143 ft 10 in (43.85 m)|
|Width||39 ft 6 in (12.04 m)|
|Depth||19 ft 3 in (5.88 m)|
Clowes, Wm. Laird, The Royal Navy – A History from the Earliest Time to the Present, Vol. III, Sampson Low, Marston and Company, London: 1898, p. 293
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco, 3 Decks