Origin and History
The fireship was purchased in 1756 by the Royal Navy.
During the Seven Years' War, the fireship was under the command of:
The fireship was sold in 1759.
Service during the War
In 1756, sometime after vice-admiral Watson's departure for his expedition against Calcutta (October 15), the fireship arrived at Madras (actual Chennai) from Great Britain along with the Triton (24) to join Watson's squadron. She could not make the Ganges and had to bear away for Bombay (actual Mumbai).
To do: campaigns from 1757 to 1759
Clowes, Wm. Laird, The Royal Navy – A History from the Earliest Time to the Present, Vol. III, Sampson Low, Marston and Company, London: 1898, pp. 161-163