File:1757 Battle of Gross-Jägersdorf.jpg
Map of the Battle of Battle of Gross-Jägersdorf fought on August 30 1757. Situation at 9:30 a.m.
Detail of a map of the book "Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen", vol. III Der Siebenjährige Krieg: 1756 - 1763, published by the Grosser Generalstab, Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II., Berlin 1901-1913
Blue dotted lines = Movements of the Prussians between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m.
Blue dashed lines = Movements of the Prussians from 7:00. to 9:30 a.m.
A (solid blue boxes) = Positions of Prussian units during the combat around 9:30 a.m.
- A1 = Cavalry of the right wing under Major-General Prince von Holstein
- A2 = Battery on the right wing
- A3 = Infantry right wing and infantry centre
- A4 = Infantry left wing in the forest
- A5 = Last position of the centre battery
- A6 = Battery of the left wing
- A7 = Second attack of the cavalry left wing led bu Lieutenant-General Schorlemer
Red dotted lines = Movements of the Russians between 6:00 and 7:00 a.m.
Red dashed lines = Movements of the Russians from 7:00. to 9:30 a.m.
A (solid red boxes) = Positions of Russian units during the combat around 9:30 a.m.
- A1 = Leontiev's Brigade with the 1st Grenadier and the 1st Field artillery brigade of the 3rd Division drive back the last cavalry attack
- A2 = Russian units driving the Prussian left wing out of the forest
- A3 = Rumyantsev's Brigade, previously kept in reserve falls on the left left flank of the Prussian infantry centre
- A4 = Infantry is pushed back into the forest
- A5 = Cavalry of the right wing who did not take part in the battle
- A6 = The avant-garde
Tony Flores for the scanning of the image.
Copyright Tony Flores
Click on a date/time to view the file as it appeared at that time.
|current||18:27, 24 July 2016||1,211 × 1,181 (324 KB)||RCouture|
- You cannot overwrite this file.