Origin and History
The ship was built by Salinoc in 1749 in Brest and launched in 1750.
During the Seven Years' War, the ship was under the command of:
- in 1755: M. de Praslin-Choiseul
The ship was stricken off of the fleet in 1761.
Service during the War
In 1755, the ship took part to the expedition to reinforce. For this campaign, she was armed as a "flute", her armament being reduced to 22 guns. She transported 9 companies of Guyenne Infanterie.
In 1756, the ship was once more part of the fleet sent to reinforce Canada. She was fitted out as transport and carried elements of the La Sarre Infanterie or Royal Roussillon Infanterie. She left Brest at the beginning of April and anchored near Québec on May 11.
On September 10 1759, the ship took part in the battle of Pondicherry.
To do: campaigns of 1760 and 1761
|Length||150 feet (48.72 m) French feet|
|Width||40 feet 8 in (13.21 m)|
|Depth||20 feet 4 in (6.60 m)|
Deschênes, Ronald, Répertoire des vaisseaux de ligne français 1682-1780
Harrison, Simon and Manuel Blasco: Three Decks - Warships in the Age of Sail
Vial J. L., Nec Pluribus Impar
N.B.: the section Service during the War is mostly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.