Origin and History
This unit regrouped the provincial militia.
At the outbreak of the Seven Years War, the regiment consisted of 2 battalions, each of 4 companies of about 100 men. It garrisoned Braunschweig and Wolfenbüttel.
In 1762, the regiment was reinforced, now consisting of 4 battalions, each of 5 companies for a total of about 2,000 men.
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was commanded by:
- no information found yet
Service during the War
The regiment remained in the principality of Brunswick throughout the Seven Years' War, being used as a depot unit to replenish the ranks of the Brunswick contingent which had joined the Allied army.
In 1762, part of the regiment was present at the siege of Kassel.
|Coat||blue with 1 yellow button on each side at the small of the back
|Waistcoat||carmine (white as per Schirmer) with yellow buttons and with horizontal pockets, each with yellow buttons|
|Breeches||carmine (white as per Schirmer)|
Colonel Flag: ???
Regimental Flag: ???
Ortenburg, Georg von, Braunschweigisches Militär, Elm Verlag, Cremlingen, 1987
Schirmer; Friedrich, Die Heere der kriegführenden Staaten 1756 - 1763. Edited and published by KLIO-Landesgruppe Baden-Württemberg e.V., Magstadt, 1989