Magdeburg Kammer Hussars de Collignon
Origin and History
This unit of Landhusaren (militia hussars) was raised in October 1758 in Magdeburg. It counted:
- 1 officer
- 1 sergeant
- 2 corporals
- 30 hussars
During the Seven Years' War, the unit was under the command of:
- since September 1759: Colonel von Collignon
At the end of the Seven Years' War, the unit was disbanded as per a Cabinets-Ordre dated February 15 1763.
Service during the War
In 1758, this small hussars unit had to escort recruits from the Prussian border up to Magdeburg. It also assumed patrol duty.
|Headgear||a black felt mirliton with a black wing and with white cords, knots and tassels|
|Pelisse||indigo blue with seams piped with white thread and terminated with "Hungarian knots"
|Dolman||cyan blue with 10 rows of white cords with white metal buttons
|Trousers||cyan blue decorated with an intricate white lace on each thigh and with a white stripe on the outer face of each leg|
|Barrel Sash||red cords with white barrels|
Troopers were armed with a musket and maybe a short sabre.
Officers had silver cords and lace to both the pelisse and dolman, Silver cockade on the mirliton.
NCOs wore uniforms similar to those of the troopers with the following distinctions:
- silver lace on cuffs of both dolman and pelisse
- silver cords and tassels on mirliton
- cyan blue cockade on mirliton
no information found
Guidons were not carried by militia units.
Bleckwenn, Hans: Die friderzianischen Uniformen 1753-1786, Osnabrück 1984
Cremer, Peter: Die preussischen Landregimenter & -milizen, die Stettiner Haff-Flotille und das Verpflegungswesen der Armee 1756-1753, KLIO-Arbeitgruppe, Heimbach, 1987
Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II, Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 1 Pirna und Lobositz, Berlin, 1901, Appendix 1