Origin and History
To do: date of creation and regimental history before the SYW.
To do: brief presentation of the organisation of the regiment at the start of the SYW
and indication of any change in organisation during the SYW with date of change.
During the Seven Years' War, the regiment was commanded by:
- in 1756: Colonel von Plötz
Service during the War
At the end of August 1756, when Frederick II proceeded to the invasion of Saxony, the regiment retired to Pirna with the rest of the Saxon army. At Pirna, the regiment was deployed on the left wing under the Fürst von Anhalt, as part of von Ronnow's Brigade. The Prussians blockaded the Saxon army in Pirna from September 9 until October 15 when the Saxons finally had to surrender. The regiment was disbanded and its troops distributed among Prussian cuirassier regiments.
|Headgear||black tricorne laced gold with a white cockade fastened with a small yellow button; one green bob in each lateral corne|
|Coat||white lined green with 6 yellow buttons (arranged 1-2-3) down to the waist on each side; 3 yellow buttons under the waist on the right side
|Waistcoat||buff leather kollet edged with a green braid with a yellow stripe; no button (fastened with hooks and eyes)|
a green waistcoat was worn under the kollet
Troopers were armed with ???.
To do: specify particularities of the uniforms of the officers
To do: specify particularities of the uniforms of the musicians
Leibstandarte: white damask field heavily embroidered in gold with silver piping, centre device consisting of a gold shield of ornate design carrying the Royal Polish arms (white eagles and white knights on a red field) and on the centre the arms of Saxony beneath the electoral hat, surmounted by a crimson royal crown and surrounded by green palm leaves. Fringe in gold (buttons color) and green (distinctive color = Russian green).
Ordinarstandarte: green (Russian green) damask field heavily embroidered in gold with silver piping; centre device consisting of the golden royal cipher "AR" on a white pedestal surmounted by a royal crown and surrounded by green palm leaves. Fringe in crimson red and gold (buttons color).
The first squadron carried the white colonel (Leib) standard while the 3 other squadrons each carried one ordonnance standard.
Bavaria, Saxony and the Palatinate Supplement: Uniforms & Flags of the Seven Years War. Researched by M.Lange and A. Sharman. Compiled by R.D. Pengel. Artwork by G.R. Hurt. Birmingham, 1981.