Pomeranian Converged Grenadier Battalion von Ingersleben
Hierarchical Path: Seven Years War (Main Page) >> Armies >> Prussian Army >> Pomeranian Converged Grenadier Battalion von Ingersleben
Origin and History
The Converged Grenadier Battalion Ingersleben was established in Stettin during the winter of 1758-1759. It consisted of four grenadier companies:
- 1 grenadier company of the Recruit-Battalion von Tettau
- 1 grenadier company of the Recruit-Battalion von Stosch
- 2 grenadier companies Land Regiment Nr. 4 von Stockhausen
During the Seven Years' War, the battalion was commanded by:
- since 1758: Major von Ingersleben
After the Seven Years' War, the Converged Grenadier Battalion Ingersleben replaced the II. "Standing" Grenadier Battalion Unruh who had been taken prisoners of war at Glatz on July 26 1760. Accordingly, the grenadier companies of the former Converged Grenadier Battalion Ingersleben were respectively attached to Erbprinz von Hessen-Cassel Fusiliers, Salmuth Fusiliers and Garrison Regiment IX as their parent regiments.
Service during the War
On September 18 1761, the battalion took part in the Combat of Rothemühl-Neuensund, suffering heavy casualties.
The grenadiers wore the uniform of their respective regiments along with the distinctive grenadier mitre cap:
- 1 company with the uniform of the Recruit-Battalion von Tettau
- 1 company with the uniform of the Recruit-Battalion von Stosch
- 2 companies with the uniform of the Land Regiment Nr. 4 von Stockhausen
The converged grenadier battalions did not carry any colour.
Cremer, Peter: Die preussischen Landregimenter & -milizen, die Stettiner Haff-Flotille und das Verpflegungswesen der Armee 1756-1753, KLIO-Arbeitgruppe, Heimbach, 1987
Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II, Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 1 Pirna und Lobositz, Berlin, 1901, Appendix 1
N.B.: the section Service during the War is mostly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.