Pomeranian Converged Recruit Grenadier Battalion von Paulsdorff

From Project Seven Years War
Jump to: navigation, search

Hierarchical Path: Seven Years War (Main Page) >> Armies >> Prussian Army >> Pomeranian Converged Recruit Grenadier Battalion von Paulsdorff

Origin and History

In 1759, a company of grenadiers was created in each Pomeranian Land Militia Battalion. During campaigns, these grenadiers were converged to form two distinct grenadier battalions under Majors von Paulsdorff and von Schöning. Otherwise, when on garrison duty, the companies of grenadiers served with their parent battalion.

During the Seven Years' War, the battalion was commanded by:

  • since 1759: Major von Paulsdorff

Service during the War

no information found yet

Uniform

Privates

Uniform in 1759 – Source: Dal Gavan
Uniform Details
Headgear mitre cap of an unknown pattern with a red pompom
Neck stock black
Coat dark blue lined red with 3 pewter buttons (arranged 1-1-1) on each side on the chest
Collar none
Shoulder Straps none
Lapels none
Pockets none
Cuffs red Prussian style cuffs with 2 pewter buttons on the sleeve above each cuff
Turnbacks red fastened with a small pewter button
Waistcoat white
Breeches white
Gaiters black
Leather Equipment
Crossbelt one white belt over the left shoulder for the cartridge box and one narrower white belt over the right shoulder for the haversack
Waistbelt white
Cartridge Box black
Bayonet Scabbard brown
Scabbard none
Footgear black shoes


Privates were armed with a short musket and a bayonet.

NCOs

no information found yet

Officers

Officers had tricorne wearing a thin silver lace.

Musicians

no information found yet

Colours

The converged grenadier battalions did not carry any colour.

References

Cremer, Peter: Die preussischen Landregimenter & -milizen, die Stettiner Haff-Flotille und das Verpflegungswesen der Armee 1756-1753, KLIO-Arbeitgruppe, Heimbach, 1987

Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II, Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 1 Pirna und Lobositz, Berlin, 1901, Appendix 1