Pomeranian Provincial Jäger-Corps von der Goltz
Origin and History
The unit was raised in Stettin in September 1757. It consisted of 4 officers, 60 mounted foresters and 80 foot foresters. It was designated as the Pomeranian Provincial Jägerkorps. Part of the unit was disbanded at the end of 1757.
In 1759, the unit counted 100 men.
During the Seven Years' War, the unit was under the command of:
- since September 1757 to 1762: E. H. von der Golz
The unit was completely disbanded in July 1762.
Service during the War
no information found yet
The foresters forming this unit continued to wear their usual clothing.
Militia units did not carry any colour.
Cremer, Peter: Die preussischen Landregimenter & -milizen, die Stettiner Haff-Flotille und das Verpflegungswesen der Armee 1756-1753, KLIO-Arbeitgruppe, Heimbach, 1987
Grosser Generalstab Kriegsgeschichtliche Abteilung II, Die Kriege Friedrichs des Grossen, Part 3 Der siebenjährige Krieg 1756-1763, Vol. 1 Pirna und Lobositz, Berlin, 1901, Appendix 1