In 1751, the Spanish navy consisted of 18 ships of the line and 15 frigates and other vessels. In 1760, it had been significantly reinforced and counted 40 ships of the line and 10 frigates. The rearmament continued and one year later, in 1761, this total had been brought up to 49 ships of the line, 21 frigates and 16 other vessels.
In 1763, after the war where it had lost several ships of the line, Spain could still align 37 ships of the line and 30 frigates.
Throughout the war, Spain was the only power with developed naval dockyards overseas. The dockyards at Havana in Cuba being a good example.
Cuerpo de Batallones de Marina (8 battalions since 1753)
There were 8 brigades of Marine Artillery totaling some 1,000 gunners.
Ships of the Line
Real Fénix (80)
San Antonio (64)
|Hermiona (32) (armed with small-bore guns, most likely a merchant frigate, captured by the British off Cape San Vicente on May 31 1762, laden with gold and silver)
Perla (22)(lost in 1762)
Blasco, Manuel, 3 Decks