The Seven Years' War Project now offers free access to 2,460 articles and 3,982 images.
Hint Thanks mainly to the efforts of Tony Flores, we are currently improving the quality of many maps and adding new ones. Some of you might not know that the maps with the highest resolution are not displayed by default. So to get these high resolution maps, please use the following example:
- in the main article, click on the map, this will display a page containing a map with a higher resolution
- just below the map, check for the links identified as Other resolutions and click on the highest resolution offered
...you'll be surprised by the quality of these maps, especially for those published recently.
This week we have added a great link found by Harald Howe: Mapire - Historic Maps of the Habsburg Empire. This website offers a wonderful collection of historic maps of the Habsburg Empire (for ex.: military survey of 1763-1787, 1806-1869...) coupled with modern mapping softwares. You can even synchronize views of modern and old maps. A must see!
From February 28 to March 20, we have created/improved the following articles:
- in the Armies section:
- in the Campaigns section
- 1758 - Austrian invasion of Saxony one new map digitized by Tony Flores
- in the Personalities section
- Kolowrat-Krakowsky, Kajetan Franz Count new article by Harald Skala