Origin and History
The sloop of war was built at Shoreham and launched in 1757.
During the Seven Years' War, the sloop of war was under the command of:
- in 1759: commander Timothy Edwards
The sloop of war was sold out of the navy in 1784.
Service during the War
On 21 May 1762, off Cape St. Vincent, the sloop, along with the frigate Active (28), took the Spanish Hermione which offered no resistance, ignoring that war had been declared. The ship was carrying cargo valued at 1,000,000 pounds sterling.
|Length at gundeck||not available|
Phillips, M., Michael Phillip's Ships of the Old Navy
N.B.: the section Service during the War is partly derived from our articles depicting the various campaigns, battles and sieges.